Orchha was founded in 1531 (the 16th century AD) by the Bundela Rajput chief, Rudra Pratap Singh, who became the first King of Orchha, (r. 1501-1531) and also built the Fort of Orchha. The Chaturbhuj Temple was built during the reign of Emperor Akbar, by the Queen of Orchha Ganeshi Bai, while Raj Mandir was built by 'Madhukar Shah' during his reign, 1554 to 1591.
Panna 40Kms away from Khajuraho
Panna has a tiger reserve which is called Panna National Park.A large group of diamond deposits extends North-East on
a branch of the Vindhya Range for 150 miles (240 km) or so, and is known as the Panna group.
The Pandav Falls is a waterfall in Panna district. It is about 30 metres (98 ft) high. The waterfall gets its name from a local legend that in times gone by the five exiled Pandava brothers of the epic poem Mahabharata visited this region. Remains of caves and shrines that commemorate this legend can be seen around the pool below.
The Ken River forms a 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) long, and 30 metres (98 ft) deep canyon made of pure crystalline granite in
varying shades of colours ranging from pink and red to grey. There is a series of waterfalls in the canyon.
The larger and smaller falls run all through the year.